Tea Party, Meet Cliff..   3 comments

…now do us all a favor and go jump off said cliff.

No, really…if you’re that insistent that taxes for the 1% remain as low as possible, then fine; that’s your right. But you don’t have the right to take the rest of us in this country(ya’ know, the 99%) off the same damn cliff…and to think, in my last few years as a conservative, I used to support some of these wingnut ideas….ewww. *shivers in horrifying remembrance*

Just remember, wingnuts…elections have consequences and y’all lost, period. End of story. Have fun sailing over the cliff… *then adds in a “Home Alone”ish villainy voice* …ya’ filthy animals!  :P

h-t to Crooks & Liars

Posted December 26, 2012 by Matthew Little in Uncategorized

Tagged with , , ,

3 responses to “Tea Party, Meet Cliff..

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. What good would come from raising tax rates on any Americans, even the top 2%?

    • By that rationale, would good came from putting 2 sets of tax cuts and paying for two wars on the country’s collective credit card over the past decade? But I digress…

      In all seriousness, though, I’m just old enough to remember the Clinton-era tax rates(the ones lowered by then-President Bush in 2001 & 2003) and if I remember correctly, the economy ran surprisingly well for most of his presidency(granted, it stumbled a bit due to the tech bubble burst, but it still did surprisingly well). The point of my opening in the post that I was trying to make, my friend, was that the Tea Party, in my opinion, are nothing more than spoiled brats who seemingly revel in dragging America down to their level of ignorance and preventing the adults in the room(especially those within the GOP) from doing anything constructive for the good of the country lest it stray from Tea Party doctrine. I’ve lost count of all the reasons I’m no longer a conservative, but those of y’all within the Tea Party are one good reason why.

    • I agree that paying for wars on a credit card is a bad idea, and Bush & Obama both made that mistake.

      As for the glory days of the Clinton white house and Gingrich congress, I was there… they weren’t that good. Our economy floated from one bubble to the next and we only avoided recessions because Greenspan kept the interest rates artificially low. Unfortunately for Bernanke you can’t lower interest rates to hide the Fed’s bad policies any longer.

      But the basis for my original question is this. If no good can come from taxing anyone at this time, why do it? Wouldn’t the adult thing to do be to cut costs to within the current revenue? Then we can look to raise taxes to meet the needs of a growing country, if it is needed.

      The fact is that even if congress passed the proposed Obama tax hikes on the top tax rates we would only see $80 billion of revenue brought in. We can cut $80 easily from several departments and they wouldn’t even notice it. Why take money out of the private sector when it is only getting wasted in the government? This is a classic example of a child wanting something for no other reason than he wants it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Women's Issues, Creativity & Spirituality

Blissfully Single

By: Jan Hobbs

Scholars and Rogues | Progressive Culture

News, politics, sports, music, media, climate, arts and photography...

The South Lawn

It's all about the grassroots, y'all!


Bringing you breaking, alternative and new news worldwide

Pro President Obama Blog

To paraphrase President Obama's speech on 12/4/13 to the Center For American Progress: Our strength is grounded in our individuals, civic, religious and business leaders working and making things happen. But government can't stand on the sidelines; it can and should refocus our energies on building an economy that grows for everybody. I remain confident that the future still looks brighter than the past.

Social Justice For All

Working towards global equity and equality

Plucking Of My Heartstrings

Blogging on a variety of things that pluck at the hearts' emotions & more

Bishop Eddie Tatro's Study

Wisdom from a Southern-Gentleman & Bishop

Voice of Lesbian Senior

Horty Rexach, MD.


Making Reality Sexy Again


Environmental News, Commentary, Advice

Patty van Delft

Young Adult Fantasy

Stop the Stigma


From Where I Sit

Thoughts from an old Southern guy

Professions for PEACE

declarations and affirmations on life, love and peace


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,894 other followers

%d bloggers like this: