There’s crazy…then there’s crazy stupid…and then there is the Texas Republican Party, whose recently released platform is chock-a-block full of terrible things:
- Pornography should be treated in the same manner that cocaine is treated
- Social Security should be phased out in its’ entirety
- Texas State Govt. should nullify federal law
- the 17th Amendment should be repealed with senators appointed by state legislatures
- School funding levels should be drastically reduced
- All federal agencies should be rendered impotent through defunding of agencies and the non-appointment of federal officials
- Climate Change? What climate change?
- Congress should pass laws banning the non-existent implementation of Muslim sharia law
- LGBT individuals should be fired from their places of employment for any reason & should not have protections from such actions
- In addition, the state should fund ‘reparative therapy’ in an effort to ‘cure’ LGBT individuals of their supposed lifestyle
- The Voting Rights Act should be repealed.
- Income inequality? Let’s have more income inequality!
- Children of non-citizens should not be allowed to become U.S. citizens and that U.S. citizenship should be restricted only to ‘natural-born Americans’
- The Supreme Court – and all federal courts – should not be able to enforce the Bill of Rights
- America should withdraw from the United Nations…and:
- There should be new investigations into the events of Sept. 11, 2012 at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi
Can we just go ahead and move the U.S.-Mexican border up the Red River and let Mexico have Texas back? Please?